Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Recovery file of Teamwork project on MacOS.

rodut1112
Booster

After more than a decade of using AC, half of which using it on MacOS, i still have the same issues over and over and over again. This one is regarding the fact that if you have multiple projects open, in my case Teamwork projects, if one of them crashes, there is no way of getting to the main "splash screen/startup dialog" to have access to the recovery file of the project that just crashed. If you go through the "join teamwork project" process, it just reloads the file from the server and not the local recovery file or even worse, it fails to merge information which leaves me with the option to discard or save as PLN.(not a viable option)

The only way is to close all projects.Quit all archicad apps and only then start AC again to get to the recovery file, marked in red. It`s really time consuming when working on multiple files and one crashes. Also why.....for our mental health sake, why do all the AC icons stay in my dock. If it happens to open and then close 10 projects side-by-side, after i close everything i am stuck with 10 AC icons. It might be a MacOS thing, which proves how hopeless and annoying Apple really is, but i`m sure its not happening with any other software.

It might sound like a rant, but please GS, pretty please, can you actually make something work logical. Your support for Apple/MacOS has been advertised for YEARS. The product is still lacking.

Maybe i`m doing something wrong, but our local archicad supplier couldn`t come up with a solution for this either, hopefully the forum knows better or GS implements it in AC 35.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 16.12.43.png

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 16.25.17.png

Archicad 23/25/26 NL , MacOS 13.4.1 (c) on MacStudio M1 Max
1 REPLY 1
fabioferrini
Enthusiast

Same problem here!!

Fabio