BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Repeated Libraries Appearing in Teamwork

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone shed some light on this?

When working in AC Teamwork, we seem to get multiple copies of embedded libraries - see library manager pic. It starts to bog down our Macs - 1-2 minute delays for even a simple copy / paste operation. Ultimately you can fairly easily remove them though a little time-consuming but it has led to some corruption (or just unmanageable file size) when left unchecked. It would be good to know how to avoid this though.

Thanks
Emerich
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Phenomenal - it's a pln folder and not a hotlink. Can you explain that? What's in the folder and does each folder contain identical parts?

I have seen duplications of hotlinked module embedded libraries plenty, but not folders like that.

More info would be good.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmm... now you have me wondering. i thought other staff were simply hotlinking pln files to the master teamwork file but maybe they are going about things a little differently.

yes - the folders have identical contents. looks like scripts + macros (not in front of my workstation at the moment) but they are definitely not gsm files.

thanks Link,
emerich
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
emerich wrote:
hmm... now you have me wondering. i thought other staff were simply hotlinking pln files to the master teamwork file but maybe they are going about things a little differently.
Yes, I'd say so otherwise they'd show up a (grey) hotlinks libs.

Surely they must show up as duplicates? If it were me, I'd start by deleting all duplicates, embedding directly into the embedded library, no folders), then update all hotlink modules, checking, then sending changes and instructing all teammates to receive changes (not send & receive) immediately. Then you can gauge when/if/how it returns.

Having said that I am on Windows and it may be a Mac issue. Or a completely different issue but that's where I'd start with the information at hand.

Cheers,
Link
Learn and get certified!