Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Reserving elements in teamwork

dhnguyen
Contributor
We only draw in 2D at my office. I'd like to know how can we both work in 2D elements?
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Can you elaborate.

ArchiCAD is a 3d software, working only in 2d seems to be a waste of ArchiCADs potential.

What do you mean by both work in 2d elements?

It's good to have the right balance between 2d and 3d.
dhnguyen
Contributor
I know, but this is how we are working here, purely in 2D. So I want to reserve a 2nd story and work on an office. My co-worker also want to reserve the same story and work on the bathroom on the same floor, how do we do that?
How do we both have access to using the layout book, layer settings, etc, and be able to make changes?
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Instead of reserving the whole story, reserve the elements you want to work on.

Layer settings is: reserve, make changes, release. You can't both work on layer settings at the same time.

Don't reserve the whole layoutbook, just reserve the single layout you are working on.

Reserving everything is the brute force approach if you know you'll be doing most of the work alone. If you are working a lot with multiple people, do not reserve whole floor plans, layout book, view maps etc, but reserve what you are working on and use send & release when you are done.

You can also request elements even if someone reserved 'everything' if you don't want to bother making small reservations in the project.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5