Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Sending & Receiving Archicad 25

jussara_scarle
Participant

Hello,

Can you please help me understand why the different components aren't coming across in the .pln file when I receive a file from my colleague in Archicad 25?

Thank you,
Jussara

ArchiCAD 25.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

the dots are missing objects.

i'm not sure why you would have missing libraries/objects at your end of a teamwork file, but just check that you have the same loaded libraries as with everyone else.

perhaps the libraries are located in a local drive where the other person can access, but not you. best to have these libraries loaded in the server where everyone has access & not from a local drive.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Marc H
Advisor

If this is not a Teamwork (shared) project and the PLN is transmitted to you, then it may be they have objects in their library that you do not have (e.g., custom door).  Probably also missing some attributes as well.  You might try asking them to send a PLA file instead of a PLN, where it will grab all the necessary components to include in the transmission.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

Thank you for replying. To clarify, the file is mine and I share with a colleague and when I receive it back, the dots are there; could this be a case of my colleague making sure they have the same library downloaded?

Hi Marc, Thank you for replying. To clarify, the file is mine and I share with a colleague and when I receive it back, the dots are there; could this be a case of my colleague making sure they have the same library downloaded?

hmmm, OK. that's not really your typical "Archicad Teamwork" file. you're not really Sending & Receiving it in the typical AC Teamwork sense. that's my misunderstanding. you're literally sending the PLN file from your computer, with it's own local drive library links, to your colleague who works on their computer & has to re-link the libraries because it's different. what does the library manager look like? i'm guessing it'll have the red triangle for Missing Libraries. 

if you do decide to proceed this way, you're going to have to re-link the libraries to your own local drive every time the file switches between you & your colleague.

I would suggest setting up a proper BIM server to do a proper teamwork, but that depends on your office situation.

otherwise, i would go with Marc's suggestion. a .PLA file. make sure to only include the objects that are used in the project & not the entire loaded library. this will minimise the file size.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

When you say you "share with a colleague and when I receive it back", do you mean you are using teamwork (BIMCloud) to send and receive the file or are you simply sending you colleague the file and they are sending it back to you after they work on it.

If the latter, I would suspect you have the libraries stored in different locations and you just need to re-link them in your Library Manager.

Or your colleague has used libraries that you do not have?

Again, your Library Manager will tell you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11