BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Team workflow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
We're a bunch of students that need to be working in the same project, and we are widely spread around the world.

We need to find a good way to simultaneously work in the project.

The most obvious way would probably be to install a TeamWork-server and get going. The problem is that we cant because we don't have a dedicated server and we're behind NAT-network without possibility to change firewall-settings.

The "dream" would be to be able to have the file on a shared space, say Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or such and map the shared folder locally as F: or such.

Is it even possible to achieve simultaneous work that way?
As i figure, when using Google Drive and such, if myself and Steve is working in the file at the same time doing stuff, and steve saves his changes, then i save my changes a few minutes later, steves changes will be lost because i don't have steves changes in my model.

So my main question here is:
We're not able to install a teamwork server. Is it possible to get a teamwork going in any other way? Is it possible for me to get steves changes before i save mine? Automatically?

We're using ArchiCad 17 at the moment.

Thanks
Hank
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!