BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Updating BIM Server

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to update our BIM Server and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
We have a server in our office so the BIM server is saved on it. I tried updating it by installing ArchiCAD on the server also but it still fails to recognize the server.... (I have tried before installing ArchiCAD with the same result)
Any help is appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check carefully what the installer/updater tells you exactly.
First you can install/update ArchiCAD, then in the next step you can install/update the BIM Server (you will have to say yes to this step), then you have achoice to install a standalone BIM Server Manager application (this is not needed on the BIM Server machine - it is usually needed on a machine that does not have the BIM Server installed, but from which you we to be able to administer the BIM Server).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply Laszlo!
I realized this morning that our server is a 64 bit while our computers in the office were 32 bit... I was trying to install a 32 bit on a 64 bit machine... so that's why it wasn't working...
Next time I will be sure to read everything!
Thanks again,
Jenn
Learn and get certified!