Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

colliding colours teamwork - detect ifc model changes?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I got a question I couldn't answer...
When working in teamwork and comparing ifc model version...what if team members have the same colours as new/deleted/modified? I assume that I switching off individual colours in teamwork will do it but I'd like to check if someone has real experience.

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I just check, the way I think it works is this:
The color of the TW User has higher priority than the color of the IFC Model Change. This latter is actually the color of the Mark-Up Style. When IFC Compare feature is used ArchiCAD imports the changes and assigns various Mark-UP Styles to these elements.
So basically it is a question of which one has higher priority in display: TW User color or Mark-Up Style.
As I see TW User color has higher priority so when you are using a Colored Workspace Option in the Teamwork Palette it will color those elements marked up by the IFC compare feature.

But this should not be a problem because when you are using a TW Palette colored workspace option, the color of all elements is overridden based on TW User Color and WE settings, so you don't see what color they would have because of the IFC Mark-Uping.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Excellent! Thank you Lazlo and have a nice week-end!
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.