BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

launching EcoDesigner in Teamwork

Paul Adams
Contributor
I am working on the Project V V V (Virtual Visible Views) project and have not been able to get EcoDesigner even launched. See the error message on the attached screen shot.

I had the team leader give me full permission, and I still get the error message.

What do I do next?

Error message 2011-05-19.png
Paul Adams, AIA, LEED AP

AC17

iMac, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro, 2G RAM
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein
Did you reserve the Mark Up attributes/etc? Just having access is not enough - you need to be able to modify them for ED to launch (as it will create new styles).

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Paul Adams
Contributor
Hi Karl,

How do you go about reserving the Mark-up items? I have searched all over and can't find where to do that.

I HAVE reserved all of the Mark-up entries and that still gives me the previous error message.

What am I missing?
Paul Adams, AIA, LEED AP

AC17

iMac, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro, 2G RAM
Karl Ottenstein
Options > Element Attributes > Markup-Styles gives the attached dialog to reserve these attributes if you or ED need to create new styles. (My file had already been used with ED before sharing, so the attributes already exist in the shared file.)

I'm glad I looked - I thought that these were in Attribute Manager as well. Strangely, they are not ... so I have no idea how one would export/import these style attributes, but that is off topic...

Looks like the Markup entries themselves belong to whoever creates them, so not a reservation issue.

But, I'm guessing that all building shell elements (walls, slabs, roofs) need to be reserved so that ED can assign markup styles to them as it or you categorize them.

Short of me playing - there must be someone out there who has used ED with TW?

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Paul Adams
Contributor
Hi Karl,

Thanks for showing me that. I looked and looked and wasn't finding it.

Even so, I have reserved the Mark-up styles, all of the entries and all of the layers, but still get the original error message.

There must be something else I am missing, but at a total loss to know what to try next.

Thoughts?
Paul
Paul Adams, AIA, LEED AP

AC17

iMac, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro, 2G RAM
Karl Ottenstein
Paul wrote:
I had the team leader give me full permission, and I still get the error message.
Just double-checking what you were actually given with 'full permission'.

The default out-of-box settings only give full permission to the "Lead Architect". An "Architect" does not have full access to Markup styles as shown in the attached screenshot. Would be surprised if it matters, but anyway...

I'm wondering if the team leader kept you as an Architect, but checked the boxes (next post/screenshot) for Server Administrator and Project Administrator - neither of which grant access within the project, only to the project management functions. Super-uber-access would be Lead Architect with both of those boxes checked.

Hoping that is it, as I cannot think of anything else! (Still hoping for someone else to jump into this conversation.)

Cheers,
Karl
Karl Ottenstein
Super user rights attached...
Michael
Contributor
Paul has Super user status ... see screen shots.

Could be a "bug" in GS AC 14 Teamwork.....
Screen shot 2011-05-30 at 12.55.53 PM.png
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
Michael
Contributor
Paul- Lead Architect 2--see attached screen shot
Screen shot 2011-05-30 at 12.57.48 PM.png
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
Paul Adams
Contributor
My only thought at this point is that somehow, the Teamwork file itself does not have EcoDesigner installed/loaded, so therefore, I can't get it launched, regardless of the permissions.

Our email address to Graphisoft (vvv_support@graphisoft.com) for this project keeps bouncing back, so I haven't been able to check this idea.

Maybe there is some other hidden check box/menu item that will magically 'make it go'?

Thanks for everybody's help.
Paul
Paul Adams, AIA, LEED AP

AC17

iMac, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro, 2G RAM
Learn and get certified!