BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

pen set changes won't show up in model

Bill
Contributor
Hi everyone,

I'm in a V18 Teamwork file. Any changes I make changes to a pen set (and either save or simply leave as custom) don't show up in the model after I click OK, or release, or rebuild... nothing.

The only way I can get it to show correctly is to close the file and then open it again... has anyone else experienced this?

I tried to do the same thing on V17 and it worked fine.

Thanks

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It should take effect immediately. If you open a view, the pen set will change back to the one saved with the view. You're not doing that are you?

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
And I'm assuming you have sufficient privileges to change the pen sets. You definitely get the OK button right? Perhaps it's worth checking your role settings to eliminate any potential TW bug. Have you tried saving it as a solo project and changing the pen settings?

Cheers,
Link.
Bill
Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I am clicking OK, and no, I am not clicking on another saved view which would override the custom view settings I just created. So that's not it.

I did just check the TW settings, I am set as a Lead Architect and I have all the permissions. So that's not it.

I opened that file as a standalone PLN and the same problem...

I then closed the file and created a new blank file, and the same problem.

I then opened up another V18 file, same problem.

What I did notice is that the change is visible IN the pen set settings, and it's visible in the settings for the individual element. It's just not updating in the model until I close and open the file!
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds buggy to me. Perhaps contact your reseller and/or shoot an email off to tech support?

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!