BIMcloud logs and diagnostic data

Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

General BIMcloud logs locations

The following folders contain log and database files that are useful for troubleshooting.
WindowsmacOS

BIMcloud Manager log files C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIMcloud\Manager-<Date>\Logs 

BIMcloud Manager data files C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIMcloud\Manager-<Date>\Data 

BIMcloud Server log files C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIMcloud\Server-<Date>\Logs <Date>: The date the installation took place in YYYY-MM-DD format.

BIMcloud Manager log files System drive/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/BIMcloud/Manager-<Date>/Logs/

BIMcloud Manager data files System drive/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/BIMcloud/Manager-<Date>/Data/

BIMcloud Server log files System drive/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/BIMcloud/Server-<Date>/Logs/ <Date>: The date the installation took place in YYYY-MM-DD format.

Installation log files

The following folder contains log files that are useful in case of BIMcloud installation and update issues.
WindowsmacOS
C:\ProgramData\Install.GS

Note that the ProgramData folder is hidden by default. See how to show hidden files on Windows.

System drive/Users/Shared/Install.GS/

Note that you might need to give read permission to all users to the Install.GS folder to be able to compress the log files. See how to give read permission to folders on macOS.

Locations of older BIMcloud and BIM Server logs
Comments
MaFarine
Booster

Hello,

Would it be possible to explain a little bit how to read these logs?

I am investigating why a user got kicked from a project and don't really know where to look 🙂

Thanks!

Mathieu

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello Mathieu,

BIMcloud logs are not audit logs, but great help for our development team to be able to investigate any unexpected behaviours within our program.

If a user was kicked out, it is very likely that someone else forced them to leave the project. Else, I suggest to collect a Support Package from this user and send it to your local support - I suspect that the issue will be visible from the Archicad FastLoggers, but it's even encrypted and requires developers to understand.

Noémi

MaFarine
Booster

Hey!

Thanks a lot for your quick answer 🙂

Will do then!

Mathieu

Philip Makau
Newcomer

Hello, i need help my Archicad bim module cannot start after i restarted my server, is there a way recover it ? i have tried start it but nothing. Please help

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!