Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D Window Returns

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

I was messing around with an object that you could place over a window to wrap the wall skins in 3D a while back, and just figured out how to insert the default window library into it. Just posting it here if anyone wants to take a squiz at it. It seems to work fine with the basic AUS windows, but the UI needs to be manually toggled between the window types.

Lingwisyer_0-1675414075755.pngLingwisyer_0-1675929759117.png

Ling.

ps. Why do the GDL and Opening labels appear in the tag list on the Document & Visualize sub when I cannot use them in a post here...

pss. Hm... I appear to have broken the sectional materials... they are not joining with the wall ones...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

@Lingwisyer wrote:

ps. Why do the GDL and Opening labels appear in the tag list on the Document & Visualize sub when I cannot use them in a post here...

I think the list you see when you open the forum is a list of all the labels (tags) that have been used in all of the posts.

For new posts, these labels have been restricted, so the poster can't just type anything they want - which is what was happening.

The old posts haven't all been amended to get rid of the old labels.

At least that's what I think is happening.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mthd
Mentor

Hi Ling, I am stumped trying to figure out what the purpose is for having the wall cladding appearing right behind the window pane ? Hmmm ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

I have a house with some high level windows where the stone interior cladding wraps to conceal the frame. So, on the odd occassion in which you want to hide your frames, but don't want to do floor to ceiling? You should be able to toggle it off. Or did I break that just before I posted it here?

The old posts haven't all been amended to get rid of the old labels.

At least that's what I think is happening.

Ah, that is probably it. I had just assumed that they had removed all of the ones they did not select since the list did get small when the change came through.

Ling.

ps. I does seem like I broke the wido_reveal_side = 1 but that has been fixed.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
mthd
Mentor

When internal stone cladding wraps around the internal window reveals ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura