Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

AC 20 lights not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spotlight 20 and the bar light are working okay, but I can't get Halogen Recessed 20, spotlight ceiling 20 & spotlight wall 20 to produce light. Have spent almost 2 hours today trying and checking every
setting I can find on these both in CineRender. Has anyone had this problem with these? Under the spotlight wall and halogen there are what looks like large snow flakes, but no light on the surfaces.

Thanks for any help on this.

Jonathan
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan:

Are the lights recessed into the ceiling? If so, you will need to create holes in the ceilings for the lights.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can also use the fixtures for 3D model and use the spot light / IES light which has more options for lighting to begin with.

If you are not too fussed about the actual light coming from them, you can even just chuck a general light with unlimited strength in there to light the whole scene.

Setting up interior lighting for a render can start taking up quite some time and if you take in account that most nice photographs in magazines are using extra lights to light the scene, you start to appreciate that having 'just' the actual light fixtures might not sell the scene to your client.

If it's a quick 'fake' you're after, you can put some glowing surface on the lightbulb/source (remember to enable glow in cinerender) and combine it with the general light.

There are a view video tutorials from ArchiCAD18 for interior renders and even some .pla files you can download that go with them so you can see how they set stuff up.

Here's the whole playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD5_4iqoX-A&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWVsI6mb8Txb6MYZ4wdGdvaA
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

No Holes yet. I have placed the entire fixture below the ceiling first just to
see what kind of light settings there are out of the box. No light!
David wrote:
Jonathan:

Are the lights recessed into the ceiling? If so, you will need to create holes in the ceilings for the lights.

David
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a picture of what I'm running into. 3 lighting types not working! instead of lighting the surfaces they are producing strange spots and snowflake like things.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is another image
MAKAS 24 - Picture # 23.jpg
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan wrote:
Here is another image
Since your image has the green arrow, I am guessing that this is the PhotoRender Preview, not an actual photorender. The Previews are not perfect, so try an actual photorender to see the result. You can also post a screen shot of the Lamp Settings > Light Settings for the Lamps that are not working, as well as the name of the Scene you are using, and someone may spot the issue.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!