BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

AC10 Trees alpha channel not working?

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I'm doing a rendering using AC10 Trees but the alpha channel is not working and as a result I am getting white bits all over the foliage.

I have the latest library downloaded from the updates so I'm kinda of surprised I'm hitting this problem.

The ArchiBam trees that I am also using don't appear as bad as the AC10 but I think they are exhibiting the same problem to.

Anyone else come across this problem and maybe found a fix?

tia
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
3 REPLIES 3
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I've seen this before. I believe it is fixed in AC11. I reported it as 'random snow'
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the exact same problem and it looks very bad to have trees in your renderings wrapped with a white stripe.In order to avoid that i add the trees in photoshop later on but again there are no shadows so...you cant win.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
My workaround was to change the Sun location to throw the problem trees into shadow. Not a brilliant solution but got the job done
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Learn and get certified!