Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

An image for your perusal

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've commented plenty on other people's work so I thought it only fair to share one of my jobs. Not my best, by far, but the client seems happy with it.

All Lightworks, no post-processing.

Comments welcome (I think).
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stage 2 of same project - Technology building for local High School.
HFHS 2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another view of Stage 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
higher resolution
betterr not best for line definition
over exposed

if you are in early design mode, then a "sketch-up" look may be a better choice.

If you're after the "look and feel" more time selecting the "lighting set-up" is in order.

These images don't match with your level of good advice seen on the Fourm.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Looks like they just had a fashion sale at Walmart!

Just jokes mate.

I like it, not that I'm any expert. Would like to see a little variance in the sky and maybe some softer shadows, but it's a pretty decent effort. Better than that cricket team of yours mate. I wish I had bet a dollar a run now!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Looks like they just had a fashion sale at Walmart!

Just jokes mate.

I like it, not that I'm any expert. Would like to see a little variance in the sky and maybe some softer shadows, but it's a pretty decent effort. Better than that cricket team of yours mate. I wish I had bet a dollar a run now!

Cheers,
Link.
School uniform Link. But lovely shiny hair!

My cricket team hasn't started playing Sri Lanka yet, later this week. I think you're referring to ~/Ben's cricket team.
mtallen wrote:
higher resolution
betterr not best for line definition
over exposed

if you are in early design mode, then a "sketch-up" look may be a better choice.

If you're after the "look and feel" more time selecting the "lighting set-up" is in order.

These images don't match with your level of good advice seen on the Fourm.
All taken on board. What i like best about these is that it's acheived straight from the working drawing set with a very small amount of time for presentation, and rendered in about 10mins per shot. Yes, I should spend more time sorting lighting (only 4 lights used), materials. Was initially rendered at 2048x1536 at 200dpi, reduced for the forum. Waiting for a job that warrants more time for presentation.

Thanks, guys.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
s2art wrote:

School uniform Link. But lovely shiny hair!

My cricket team hasn't started playing Sri Lanka yet, later this week. I think you're referring to ~/Ben's cricket team.
Sorry my bad - not sure where I got that idea from. Yes I'm already owed a tenner, just another forty to go!

Good job on the renderings, I'm always more impressed when such good quality is produced from working drawings. That's a real skill IMHO.

Cheers,
Link.
__archiben
Booster
Link wrote:
Sorry my bad - not sure where I got that idea from. Yes I'm already owed a tenner, just another forty to go!
just remember that your cricket team is playing sri lanka this week too, mate!

i've put the first $10 towards a bottle of astrolabe . . . i figure that the $30 coming back my way will cover it . . .
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with mtallen about the over exposed scene.
I think in this case it is about materials -> high diffuse which make white, local burns, try to level that.
Another thing is that every "empty" material blew the realism of the scene (like plants, doors, people), they just don't react with light and look odd.
Large areas in foreground like pavement, driveway, lawn should always have diverse textures, I have some good results by blending different textures into one or vary it (darken/lighten) to get impresion of ground irregularity. Placing tree behind camera to cast some shadows onto it, is also good trick.
I'm not a big fan of 3d people but I understand that sometime investor ask for some lively mood of a scene, still good 2d figure gives better results (except those http://www.lowpolygon3d.com/cat--3D-People-still--3D+model+people.html )
BTW, is it me or those standard AC 3d ppl suffer some acromegalic disease ? ...also it really hurts just to look how they stand.

I respect that your goal was to get the best directly from LW but I just couldn't resist.
Keep-up good work mate.
untitled copy.jpg