Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD renders and custom textures

Anonymous
Not applicable
The link to the image below says it all: the model and the render

I had made a custom texture for a wall with an shop on.
after the render it was displaced
(read: placed to the original position, I had moved the origin of the texture)

ArchiCAD bug or preference wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps if you to the Lightworks settings in the material settings dialog and click on "match with internal engine", that might clear it up.

It could also be an odd glitch. You could try moving and/or deleting and replacing the wall to see if the problem goes away.

If it's a bug then it's a strange one since I have applied textures like this often and never had this problem.

If necessary you could work around it by offsetting the texture by the amount needed to get it to look right in the rendering.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Perhaps if you to the Lightworks settings in the material settings dialog and click on "match with internal engine", that might clear it up.
(...)
hmm. I had 'disable unrelated controls' on so I didn't see that.
Nevertheless, it made it worse.
It was something with the scale indeed.
Solution was to make a new texture, and than the origin was directly on the right place (because the wall was there before the texture was first placed I guess.) After that scaling was not a trouble.

Many thanks!

When this project is finished, I make a list with things that are difficult to learn in ArchiCAD. Surely if your native language is not English and some terms are difficult to understand...