Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad to Artlantis - Not seeing objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I got a model in ArchiCAD 16 from someone, and when I save it as an Artlantis file, it is not displaying in perspective or panorama views. It, however, shows up in parallel view. And in both views I have the all layers turned on.

Can anyone please suggest a solution.

Thank you.

Adnum
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
If all layers are turned on - in Artlantis's own View Inspector (not ArchiCAD) - then your Artlantis cameras for perspectives and panoramas are not aimed at the model.

Open the 2D window in Artlantis. I recommend you always keep this window open. Click the button to zoom out to show the entire model and camera. Drag the camera there so that it is aimed at the model from the top view. In one or more side views, make sure that it is aimed at the model there, too.

-----
I'm moving this to the Presentation/Rendering forum ... but in general, your question has only to do with Artlantis and not ArchiCAD, so you might want to ask further question on the Artlantis forums here:
http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=support/forum/index
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl for your swift response.

I have tried adjusting the cameras in the 2D window, in plan and side views, but without success. (I am fairly proficient with Artlantis also).

I will follow your link to the Artlantis discussions nonetheless.

Thanks much.

Adnum