Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archilumos does it worth the price ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello !

Has anybody seen Archilumos at work ?
The price in 700$ and there is no demo available for download.

The images on their site are good, but it would be nice to hear a user opinion.
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
zucoc wrote:
Has anybody seen Archilumos at work ?
The price in 700$ and there is no demo available for download.

The images on their site are good, but it would be nice to hear a user opinion.
Well, Swedes, do I have to do a roll call?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
And one Canuck.

As far as radiosity rendering, Archilumos does perform as well as anything. It oprates right out of/within ArchiCAD - the user selects radiosity as an option.

This is a quality solution for ArchiCAD users that can use official lamp luminosity profiles in determining light values.

The challenge is whether an architect should be trying to drive this application. Learning the set-ups for calculating radiosity is very time-consuming since shadows are mapped in polygonal subdivisions adapted to surface variations. I have worked with it for a while experimentally and adjusting this dialog is tricky - failed images displlay staircasing in oblique shadows.

The price is comparable to other radiosity engines and provides direct output from ArchiCAD.

There may be some issues with picture mapping- I have not explored that, yet.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to start NFR v.1.5 within 8.1 and it never worked. First impression is therefore bad, but I expect streamlined interface once I start it. I like concept of lights defined directly in ArchiCAD using IES files. Will see.
Dwight
Newcomer
It is true that Archiumos is not yet ready for 8.1.

Like most plug-ins trying to cope with the moving target that is ArchiCAD we can all hope that things settle down enough for all plug-ins to get updated. It seems to me that it has been at least a year since everything would work together.....
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
TRIBU wrote:
I tried to start NFR v.1.5 within 8.1 and it never worked. First impression is therefore bad, but I expect streamlined interface once I start it. I like concept of lights defined directly in ArchiCAD using IES files. Will see.
Try with 7 or 8?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen