BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis Sequence - Line Marking Distortion

muzedesigns
Participant
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could offer some help.

In my animation, the line marking for parking places and street lines seems to glitch a little.. When viewing for a distance they break up despite being continuous lines - which you can see when you get closer to them

Please see attached..

Do you have any suggestions of what I can do to avoid this?

I am working in Artlantis Studio 4.1.8 on a Mac OSx 10.6.8.

Thanks,
Chrissy

Line Marking 01.png
Chrissy Avramidis
|| ArchiCAD Versions 7-22 ||
|| 27inch iMac Pro (2017) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | Processor 3 GHz Xeon W | Memory 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 | Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB||
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I imagine that is because the surface of the line is very close to the surface of the road, and it is having trouble differentiating between the two. How have you created the line markings in Archicad?
muzedesigns
Participant
Hi s2art,

Thank you for your reply.

The line markings have been created with the slab tool at 2mm thick.

So my only option would be to go back into the archicad file and use the solid element extrusion..

I have already animated elements within artlantis moving, opening and closing doors etc.. Are you aware of a tricky way around having to redo all of this by just reimporting the slabs and lines if I move them onto a single layer in ArchiCAD??

Something so simple.. Oh man!
Chrissy Avramidis
|| 27inch iMac Pro (2017) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | Processor 3 GHz Xeon W | Memory 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 | Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB||
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, 2mm is going to be a problem. Can you increase to 5 or 10mm? Maybe even make the line slabs thicker AND set them down into the road and SEO subtract.

You might be able to re-import using the original Artlantis file as a reference file as discussed in THIS THREAD - I don't know if this will preserve your animations. Maybe Dwight's suggestion (same thread, 3rd reply) will work.

Good luck
muzedesigns
Participant
Okay! SEO Subtract combined with Merge Geometry.. This is what I will try!

Thank you s2art!
Chrissy Avramidis
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, the reference file method should preserve all of your animation settings. Don't accidentally save on top of your original (reference) file... Use a new name.

But something like this can be fixed directly in Artlantis in a pinch. Insert the Artlantis cube object and resize it to be a parking stripe size. Position via the 2d window. Then use alt (opt) drag in the 2D window to drag copies to the required locations on top of the other ArchiCAD stripes. Put these stripe objects in their own layer so that you can control their visibility if desired.

Correcting things in AC and exporting with reference to the previous Artlantis file is generally the best method though.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!