BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis animation - building not visible

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on my very first AC16 + Artlantis 4 project. I built a model in ArchiCAD, imported into Artlantis, edited materials, objects, etc and made some photorealistic pictures. No problems occured until I wanted to create an animation.
So the problem is, when I open the animation inspector, my building, and everything else disappears. I've set the camera and target coordinates to the same values as in perspectives, but I still can't see anything but the infinite ground and the heliodon.
Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks in advance!

Andrew
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
This is a question for the Artlantis Animation Forum, as it has nothing to do with ArchiCAD:

http://www.artlantis.com/_forums/viewforum.php?f=28

Are you sure that the view in the animation inspector has all of your layers turned on? If you got images from Artlantis, your model is there... it just must be turned off...

PS Since you turned on the infinite ground... the height of this infinite plane is user-specified (or clickable by clicking a model element)... If the plane is above your model, nothing will show.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, thanks for the immediate answer. Sorry for the disturbance, but the Artlantis forums seemed kind of dead to me, and I found numerous Artlantis posts here.
You had it right though, the infinite ground plane just moved up to 15000 meters somehow, i dont think i changed it, i'm always trying to be careful about what i'm doing in these programs
My problem is solved now, feel free to delete this post if needed, and thank you again for the help!

Andrew
Karl Ottenstein
Glad that fixed it. 🙂
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Collins
Advocate
Karl wrote:
Glad that fixed it. 🙂
Karl, this fellow is absolutely right about the responsiveness and general utility of the Artlantis forum and it was good of you to help him out. I don't think Artlantis questions are entirely out of place here. There's a lot of expertise in this community, along with a willingness to help and I know I've been grateful for it in the past. It's not like he was looking for help with how to beat the boss in Dead Space 3 or something.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Karl Ottenstein
🙂
Learn and get certified!