Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Building Material filter in 3D

Voytek
Booster

Is there a way to display only these elements in 3D model which are made of certain building materials?

As an example, I would use Layer Combination to show columns in 3D model by selecting "Columns" layer in Layer Combination dialog box while hiding all the remaining layers. This process however, results with showing all the types of columns in the model (in my case, structural concrete and wood), as have have these two types of columns stored under a single "Columns" layer.  Is it possible to apply some sort of 'building material combination', so the 3D model would display eg structural concrete columns only. What I am trying to avoid, is to create separate layers for the same object but with different building materials, like "Columns-concrete", "Columns-wood", etc.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

AC 5.0 to AC27 INT Full - Windows 10 Pro for Wokstations - Lenovo P70 - 2.8GHz Intel Xeon - ThinkPad Display 720 x 1280
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

In this case you can use Ctrl+F (Find & Select) to be able to choose only concrete columns by defining three selection criteria:

1) Element Type.

2) Layer name.

3) Building Material.

Then save this selection:

Either inside Find &Select palette so you can retrieve it via opening the palette,

Or saving these selected elements to Selection palette that will enable you to recall them fast if selection palette is opened.

in floor plan view you can right click and choose show selection in 3D while in 3D perspective view you can right click and choose show selection.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein

Have you studied the Partial Structure Display topic here:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F050_Views...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution

In this case you can use Ctrl+F (Find & Select) to be able to choose only concrete columns by defining three selection criteria:

1) Element Type.

2) Layer name.

3) Building Material.

Then save this selection:

Either inside Find &Select palette so you can retrieve it via opening the palette,

Or saving these selected elements to Selection palette that will enable you to recall them fast if selection palette is opened.

in floor plan view you can right click and choose show selection in 3D while in 3D perspective view you can right click and choose show selection.

Voytek
Booster

You have answered my query. Thank you Mahmoud.

AC 5.0 to AC27 INT Full - Windows 10 Pro for Wokstations - Lenovo P70 - 2.8GHz Intel Xeon - ThinkPad Display 720 x 1280

I have not studied this, until now.  Thank you Karl.

Sorry that I misunderstood your question entirely, Voytek!  Yes, Mahmoud gave the answer you were looking for.  Somehow I read too quickly and thought you wanted only the structural part of columns, walls, etc to be displayed.  Sorry for my haste.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

No problem Karl. Thanks to you I discovered a function I haven't used before.

Thank you @Voytek & @Karl Ottenstein ,

By the way Partial Structure Display functions is so powerful projection & presentation tool that need to be more developed, I like it so much.

Archicad is the best and fastest BIM software in selection and presentation features.