Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Can I extract camera coordinates from ArtLantis?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Howdy,

I have large model with about 60 or so cameras placed in ArtLantis. It is pretty tedious to manually put the camera coordinates in an excel spreadsheet so I wonder if there is simpler way?

Mats
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats,

If you open up the Artlantis file (are you on 4 or 4.5?) in NOTEPAD you'll see that all the camera positions are - relatively clearly - listed.

Not quite painless but certainly a little less frustrating.

HTH - Stuart
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mothome
I don't know why you need to have all the coordinates out of ArtLantis.
If you need them on another project, just open it with reference (provided you have the 4.5 Al...)
This is quite obvious, I guess, but sometimes ppl ask the most obvious things, so there it is
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way, does anyone knows how to use Matchmover from Realviz, with art*lantis?? i want to do a video montage, not a photo montage, a video very well inserted in the scene, filmed by an helicopter in the place were buildings will be built...

anyone anyone?

(or another software for the same goal?)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Krippahl wrote:
Mothome
I don't know why you need to have all the coordinates out of ArtLantis.
If you need them on another project, just open it with reference (provided you have the 4.5 Al...)
This is quite obvious, I guess, but sometimes ppl ask the most obvious things, so there it is
Well, thanx Stuart! I had a quick look and...I need another look before I can find the coordinates.. I guess I just search for them...

...and Krippahl, I need them for our lawyer. He wants some hard numbers that we can put on our map where we show all the camera points. It's a way to convince people we're accurate (even if the never will or can use the coordinates...).

Mats
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, lawyers....
stefan
Expert
Retirado wrote:
By the way, does anyone knows how to use Matchmover from Realviz, with art*lantis?? i want to do a video montage, not a photo montage, a video very well inserted in the scene, filmed by an helicopter in the place were buildings will be built...

anyone anyone?

(or another software for the same goal?)
Instead of Matchmover, there are others available. But I wouldn't know how you could trick Art*lantis into using it's results...

(I have used Icarus in the past, while it was still free... I don't use Art*lantis.)
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book