Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Can't see ceiling thru glass in AC20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Am experiencing a problem in open gl 3d window.
I have 3 x 6 T & G "V" groove decking / ceiling modeled over some beams in AC 20
The decking was first individual planks created with the profile tool and spread out over the beams, but I couldn't see them through the glass. So, I decided to change them to morphs, but I still cant see them
thru the glass. I've done this before in archicad 18 and 19 with no problems.

I've played with the materials settings a bit for the glass, but can't figure this out.

See screen shot attached. The ceiling is there, but you can't see it through the glass

One is from overhead showing that the decking is there and the other is from underneath showing
only sky behind the glass where the ceiling should be???

Could someone please contact me with a solution to this problem?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Residential Design By:
Jonathan Pelezzare
42735 Cook Street
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Office: 760.568.3658
www.jonathanpelezzaredesigns.com
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is another screen shot...Ugh
Enfinger 2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I created a glass copy of the material "glass 2" and it fixed it.

Jonathan wrote:
Hello,

Am experiencing a problem in open gl 3d window.
I have 3 x 6 T & G "V" groove decking / ceiling modeled over some beams in AC 20
The decking was first individual planks created with the profile tool and spread out over the beams, but I couldn't see them through the glass. So, I decided to change them to morphs, but I still cant see them
thru the glass. I've done this before in archicad 18 and 19 with no problems.

I've played with the materials settings a bit for the glass, but can't figure this out.

See screen shot attached. The ceiling is there, but you can't see it through the glass

One is from overhead showing that the decking is there and the other is from underneath showing
only sky behind the glass where the ceiling should be???

Could someone please contact me with a solution to this problem?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Residential Design By:
Jonathan Pelezzare
42735 Cook Street
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Office: 760.568.3658
www.jonathanpelezzaredesigns.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonathan,

Are you able to expand on what exactly the solution was? You say you duplicated your glass material - did you then edit settings to solve the issue?

I have experienced a similar problem here in our office where some car models would not render behind a pain of glass. Everything else was fine including other 'objects' straight out of the ArchiCAD library. In the end through trial and error I identified that changing the cinerender setting from a 'fast' default to anything else solved it. Also that even though in the preview window the cars would not show behind the glass, when the scene was render for real the cars would appear OK.

Bizarre but clearly something to do with cinerender settings in my case I think.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Whenever I see glass, transparancy, etc and cinerender along with 'problem' it is ussualy due to this: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/3d-modeling/texture-overwrite-fails/#CineRender_and...

Hope that helps
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan G.

What Jonathan did was make a duplicate glass material out of the existing glass material in the model and gave it a new name.

Then he deleted the old glass material and replaced the glass the new material he just made. Transparency was restored.

It's a work around I've used before when I have a similar issue with glass. I've asked Graphisoft to look at the glass material and provide more information on why this may be happening.