Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Come on and criticize it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I appreciate all tips how I get further with my interior rendering! I'm a rookie with this program and need to know more about lights!

In this model i've used a blue skyobject, yellow sunobject, an "upsun", window-light in every window and a sunobject directed at the window-wall (the wall get very dark without it) I have some lamps and spots on the walls, and the picture is therefore a little "overexposed" in those areas, I think that I should turn them down...

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
You should be considering the color of the light. All lighting is a combination of warm and cool colors, whether from sun, sky or lamp.

As an artistic enhancement, sunlght should penetrate the space......

But the real challenge is not your lighting. You will have nicer surfaces if you make them slightly rough using the displacement class shader "Rough," and tint them beige or light brown. They will interact with light energy in a more attractive way and will not glare. And still be remembered as white.

Look on pages 156-159 of "LightWorks in ArchiCAD" for more details on interior light and surface controls.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
And another thing:

It is best to use interior lamps as props only, using them at low power to merely suggest a light source.

In this way, they never interfere wth using easily-managed general lights to fill the space with soft light.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
And another thing:

It is best to use interior lamps as props only, using them at low power to merely suggest a light source.

In this way, they never interfere wth using easily-managed general lights to fill the space with soft light.
i think that you should lower the intensity of your lamps to avoid overexposed surfaces
i also recomend that you remove those pictures (the only pictures archicad has) you can make your own jps pictures in archicad or download another library or even bye one
i think your materials are really good though!
Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all:

If this is your first try of LW than I can only congratulate.

Now some tips:

- your scene is not only about the lights, it is about how your lights interact with your shaders
- for the walls try to use more "diffuse" in your shader (I usually have 0.8 - 1.0), reflectance - matt, and as Dwight pointed - it is good to use displacement map also for interaction with light - start with value of 0.05 or -0.05, if you don't have one you can use procedural - "rough", amplitude 0.05, scale 0.05, sharpness 3, detail 3
- try to inrease ambient light, which is not very good but maybe you won't need to use extra sunobject to light up your wall from inside, I usually keep it at 48%, but you can try even 80%-90%
- less lights you have - more control of a scene, I don't think that skyobject have much contribution in an interior scene if you they cast shadows, I would rather increase quality of a windowlights
- maybe some more "specular" on the floor would be nice - but it is up to you

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to send your progress.