BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Creating a fly-thruogh?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody.

I have drawn an apartment, and I would like to make a fly-through video of the apartment. I would like the video to walk from room to room. My problem is that I would like the video to stop for a moment in each room. Do I need to make multible videos and link them together- or could I do this with only one fly-through?
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
the project will be more professional if you cross-fade between separate animated clips and then stop at quality stills, because ArchiCAD fly-throughs are rudimentary - they do not smoothly accelerate or pause smoothly. Your best bet is a sort-of hand-off between sequences done in a video editor.

The fly-through tool is still stuck in the first-person-shoot-em-up style.

Remember that most viewers will be disturbed by an animation - for explaining space, calm, paced serenity is best.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
i agree with Dwight, you'd be better doing a few and it would probably be quicker overall doing a few shorter renders than one massive one but if you do want to do it in one go, go into the camera settings box and theres an option to specify how many frames you would like the camera to pause at the selected camera position.
It'll give you the stop-start motion but it wont be the smoothest.
Learn and get certified!