Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cropped Rendered Image in layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
this problem happens for me frequently.
I use camera in view map with preset render (it normal render with cel render option on) and it is rendered completely with full dimension
when add this camera on layout it is rendered and placed cropped(full image with white area and cropped render about 600*800 ) please see the attachment
whatever I do in layout option or render option this issue still there, the only solution I found is :
1-render the camera on my preset
2-put it cropped on layout
3-choose another preset (outdoor fast) and sometime change the Hight and width pixels
4-update with render in layout (so it appear full)
5-coming back to view map and change the preset to my preset
6-updat again so it will appear full with my preset
it is long way but it`s okay with one image but now I have project with 10 images so I have started to search for a permanently solution

in the attachment .

image 1 how is the image cropped in the layout
image 2 the option and preset in view map
image 3 how to render perfectly out of layout

thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
Podolsky
Ace
Yes, this is problematic part in ArchiCAD.

The reason why it's problematic, because originally it been designed that rendered image will be saved on disk and after placed on layout (actually early ArchiCAD versions had special program called PlotMaker where all layout was - and all drawings were saved on disk from ArchiCAD first, and after placed on layout).
So the best workflow to fix your problem - just save the image file on disc after render is completed. You also can use more often 3D documents in your drawings instead of renders. They also look very nice.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you .
actually if I save the photo on the disk I will lose the abilities of smooth modifications and updates
I really prefer to work hard at first time and after that only make modifications and update all .
I hope th find the answers
Ps: very nice 3d document
Anonymous
Not applicable
And it not solved and I can't find uncheck solved checkbox
Barry Kelly
Alammouri wrote:

It is the same button used to mark the post as solved (the tick).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mikas
Expert
Not sure if I understood it all, but I'll try.

Publish the renders to a folder, then import those renders as drawings to your layouts.
You would have to mind the order of publishing though. Renders need to be published first, and only after that the visualisation set - to get the latest published pics updated.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Alammouri wrote:

It is the same button used to mark the post as solved (the tick).

Barry.
Thanks Barry
It disappeared since I click on it , and that happen before. Using chrome browser
Anonymous
Not applicable
mikas wrote:
Not sure if I understood it all, but I'll try.

Publish the renders to a folder, then import those renders as drawings to your layouts.
You would have to mind the order of publishing though. Renders need to be published first, and only after that the visualisation set - to get the latest published pics updated.
Nice Idea , thank you