Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cross section - Cut Elements Surface

Eskuche
Contributor

Using Archicad 25 earlier release:

In cross section, we had the CUT ELEMENTS setting to SURFACE - COLOR FILL, NON-SHADED. Screenshot 2022-05-03 110548.png

It showed the color associated with each surface which is what we want.

Screenshot 2022-05-03 104514.png

Updated Archicad 25 to current release:

In cross section, we have the CUT ELEMENTS setting to SURFACE - COLOR FILL, NON-SHADED. 

Everything turned clear.

Screenshot 2022-05-03 104557.png

No changes were made to section settings, drawing view settings, overrides, etc.  We want the sections to be in color like they were before.  This is happening in all project files affecting the CUT ELEMENT setting in Interior Elevations, Exterior Elevations, and Cross Sections.

Anyone else have this glitch??? How to fix?

8 REPLIES 8
Lingwisyer
Guru

Checked your Graphic Overrides?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

No changes were made to the settings of the section or drawing view, including graphic overrides.

Try setting it to 'Cut Fill - Non-shaded'?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Cut fill - non-shaded creates a section with hatch.  Not the block out surface color we want. (Disregard the peach-colored background -it's our standard working background color)

Screenshot 2022-05-05 094925.png

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Does it happen on the view itself or only on drawings on layouts? If you open the views, does it show the correct color? If you start a new project with the default template, does it also happen there or only on existing projects?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

It happens both in the drawing views and on the layouts. They are always 'clear' (not white solid).  It's happening in all our projects with all users.  When I open the Archicad standard template, the colors are appear normal like ours originally did.

Eskuche_0-1652663732869.png

I don't understand what occurred in our project files. Or why the change correlated with us upgrading from old 25 to new 25.

Thanks for any additional insight!

Hello,

Thank you for the new information!

From the description, to me it sounds like the project has some corruption. Merging the project into a new file may be the quickest solution (in a new project, File > Interoperability > Merge, then browse to the file corrupted Archicad project). Unfortunately, this would mean that you will need to recreate the views and layouts in this new project.

But if you need a deeper investigation, please contact your local support, with the project in PLN format for further checking.

Please let me know how it goes!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I appreciate your feedback!  I'll reach out to local support for more help.  This is happening systemwide -in all of our projects, even ones created in 24 which we re-open in 25.