BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Enscape for Mac

Intersting... Enscape for Mac has been released. It does NOT work with ArchiCAD, but I assume that is a temporary road block. For now you save your ArchiCAD model to Sketchup and then save to Enscape.

https://enscape3d.com/enscape-for-mac/

It's not cheap though... $54/mo. for use on "one" computer.

This ArchiCAD user from Australia (is he a member in this forum) did a Twinmotion to Enscape comparison on an M1 Ultra Mc Studio. All he did was import the model directly into each, did no tweaking, and then rendered a view. Just out of the box Enscape looked leagues better. I assume it is using raytracing with native Metal Graphics code. Check it out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8PEN8_5tU

I was very, very excited to see the sneak peek into Twinmotion 2023 Preview 2 with their new and improved interface, but if you're on Mac, still no raytracing.

I am going to try the demo of Enscape since I currently have half a dozen projects using Twinmotion and am always looking for the latest and greatest rendering softwares.

Anyone else have any input regarding Enscape for Mac?

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
11 REPLIES 11

Yes, the TM pipeline is also better in my opinion mainly because you will not clutter your AC-BIM file with all the assets that will end up with a blown-up, messy, and unusable file. But the image quality of ENSCAPE is really good. I always liked the light and mood.

But when EPIC decided to not provide Path Tracer to the Mac system and the Apple-Epic fight cooking in the background the future on MacOS was questionable.

Now with Lumen, there is a native Unreal Engine alternative withhin TM to path tracer on the Mac available.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
RWARCHPC
Booster

I bought a license and tried it out on a very quick night scene render and was very pleased with the results for just about an hour's work. The workflow and live updates to the render are very useful and I like the user interface much more than Twinmotion but that's just me.

Enscape_2023-10-12-16-32-17.png

Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS '14 Sonoma
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Learn and get certified!