Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to create a 3D wall sign HALO backlighting effect

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hello,

I would like to know if someone knows how to create a 3D wall sign HALO backlighting effect.

I have a 3D sign and wanted to have the sign's backside material glow hoping the wall would reflect the light creating this common halo effect. I've tried all setting's to no avail. I'm sure there is a way, just can't seem to find it.

Any ideas?
Thank you.

Ed
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, do you mean something like the pic below?
If that is, Did you try using a Material with the luminance channel on (like the Glass Lamp Surface) in the cinerender engine? And remember you have to turn on the power of illuminating surfaces in the cinerencer settings.

I usually simulate the LED lighting strips with this surface (glass lamp) it could probably work for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an example, a quick render, you'll need to add more quality settings dough.
This was done using the glass lamp surface, but I forgto to tell you that you have to increase the intensity and you can go more than 100, in this example is at 300.
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Thank you for the tips, Arqrivas!
I will try them out.

Ed
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Learn and get certified!