BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Illustrations after export are more red - Bigger saturation

Hi I have little problem when I link my illustrations from Twinmotions to ArchiCad25 and then I exported to PDF.

I see that walls are more Redder and feeling like with more saturation . I don't need super exact colors but similarly will be very good.

I'm using JPEG format because i need quite mini size of PDF.

Anyone know how to avoid it ?

And I know that I can switch to like PNG format but then PDF is much much bigger.

TM - Illustration : 

VojtechSlavik_0-1686727340266.jpeg

Export AC

VojtechSlavik_1-1686727493542.jpeg

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

It is more than just the wall, your whole scene is becoming warmer. Are there colour space or temperature options when exporting from Twinmotion?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

I don't get it what you mean Ling. 

1. I exported from Twinmotion to JPG

2. JPG link to Archicad

3. Archicad Export whole presentation with drawing and illustrations and just illustrations became warmer I didn't set anything in AC after linking.

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I believe Ling is referring to Color Representation being exported and perhaps not translating well in ArchiCAD.

It will probably be set to something like sRGB or Adobe RGB.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Karl Ottenstein

As @Erwin Edel said, it is probably related to your color space - and also probably to whether your viewing app recognizes your monitor color space.  My experience is similar to these articles in that using jpeg, which typically will use an 8 bit sRGB color space, can result in a color shift depending if the original was using a larger color space.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/export-to-srgb-gt-too-red/m-p/9727420

https://fstoppers.com/originals/why-choosing-wrong-color-space-can-be-disaster-493479

Even though you say that you need quite small jpegs... you might experiment just to see if large/less-compressed jpeg is any better and if PNG or TIFF give you better results and/or if the TwinMotion export gives you a choice of color space for the export.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!