Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Image Style

Does anyone know how to do this with Coral PaintShop ? Is there a name for this kind of image that fades from sketch on one side to render on the other ?
I assume you there is some kind of tool you can use to fade one image into another. What is that tool called in other programs like Illustrator or PhotoShop ?

2017-10-13_10-41-26.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need both images, the surface render and the wireframe/hiddenline, each on a different layer. Then you apply a gradient mask on the top image.
I guess we can do this in ArchiCAD just as well? With Gradiant Fills and Layers if that's all there is to it. ?? I think I have done this a long time ago but forgot about it. It might be a little tricky trying to fade more than 2 pictures together.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

alemanda
Advocate
I think no.
You need a photo editor.
there are free ones (paint.net)
It's easy to reproduce.
You need both renderings as said before
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
alemanda wrote:
I think no.
You need a photo editor.
there are free ones (paint.net)
It's easy to reproduce.
You need both renderings as said before
True. I was not able to to do exactly what I wanted with just he ArchiCAD horizontal gradient fill. I wanted to fade (4) images into each other across the building to show render, white model, framing, sketch. The ArchiCAD gradient fill is not exactly doing that. Also, I am not so sure the gradient fill method works in PaintShop for what I want either. I think dissolving the pixels is not the same as just covering them up with a gradient fill. It's not the fill I want to fade, its the actual file. It is fun trying.
In ArchiCAD you get the view you want, then change 3D Style, Layers, and Render all from that same view. I used a screen capture for testing to make sure I could align the images. The screen captures are exactly the same size and shape because I am capturing the 3D window. I placed a hot spot on the floor plan I can use as a reference point for a corner.

I might like the cut-away look better than the fade anyway. ?

Fade, Blend, Dissolve,Mask... so many things I don't understand about the photo editing options for what I want to do.

Its very cool what you can do with just two images placed with the drawing tool. I have a little fade on the sides using a gradient fill.
https://www.screencast.com/t/DND1Mh6wpe
Can you see this video ok?

or would it be better to post it as a YouTube ?
http://www.youtube.com/embed/UQjHDZSAbUs?vq=hd1080

Karl Ottenstein
Steve wrote:
Also, I am not so sure the gradient fill method works in PaintShop for what I want either. I think dissolving the pixels is not the same as just covering them up with a gradient fill. It's not the fill I want to fade, its the actual file.
Exactly. That is why Einar explained that you needed a gradient mask. A masking layer gives you control over translucency so that you can experiment endlessy to get the fading effect you want as the two layers (render and sketch or wireframe/etc) are blended.

Gradient is the right tool - but it is not applied to the image itself.

You can try the free GIMP editor:
https://www.gimp.org

Or purchase Photoshop Elements (just updated) or (for Mac) Serif Affinity Photo...or similar low end but very full featured programs.

Some kind of image editor is an essential tool for any AC user IMHO.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Here is the Corel Paintshop Pro info on creating a layer mask there to accomplish what you want. I read too quickly, missing that you already owned it...

http://help.corel.com/paintshop-pro/v19/main/en/documentation/index.html#page/Corel_PaintShop_Pro/Cr...

And here are the options you have in Paintshop for blending layers together - pretty much the same as what Photoshop offers:
http://help.corel.com/paintshop-pro/v19/main/en/documentation/index.html#page/Corel_PaintShop_Pro%2F...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thanks so much Karl. I really appreciate the links.