Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Line thickness

Moy1
Newcomer

Project.png

Layout.png

  

I was working on my project, and when I started doing my layouts, I noticed that the line weight was very heavy. I was working with true line weight, so it was supposed to not have any issues. I would like to know if this is any kind of bug and if there's any way to solve it. 

Thanks.

Operating system used: Windows.

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

It could be several things - others will think of more possibilities than I mention here I'm sure:   The placed drawing might not be placed at the same scale as the View ... and the drawing settings might not be set at 100%.   The pen set for the placed drawing (Drawing Settings) might be different than that of the original View.  Less likely, a Graphic Override might replacing the view pens with a fat pen.  The 'nub' for the graphic cross of the column extending to the outside is extraordinarily fat... hence back to pen sets, scale or drawing zoom as most likely culprits I think.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly

As Karl was suggesting it is a scale issue.

Work in plan with true line weight on at the scale you want the final drawing to be.

They should look exactly the same.

Work at the scale you want and save a view at that scale.

If you need the same plan (drawing) at a different scale the save a view at that scale.

You may need an alternate pen set with thinner/thicker pen weights to suit that scale.

Use the pen set that suits your scale in the view settings.

So, save different views at the scales you want, rather than placing one view (drawing) on a layout and adjusting the scale there - that is not a good idea.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author