Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Loft rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please comment on my latest rendering. Rendered in Art.lantis.

Mill.JPG
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Commenting on the rendering, awesome! Strange cut line fill, allowing view into wall, floor, etc. Can you explain why?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Burginger wrote:
Strange cut line fill, allowing view into wall, floor, etc. Can you explain why?
I think that's 'cos Archicad models faces rather than soilds.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Too brownish for me!
Why should all the colours be almost the same - brown walls, brown floor, brown ceiling, brown cabinets, yellow-brown stairs?!And white doors, white kitchen tiles, white cabinet tops, white windows? Really a strange colour scheme! Shouldn't the railing be white too?
I don't mean to criticize the interior colour scheme - perhaps the client wanted exactly this! But has a bad effect on the rendered picture - looks too flat!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange cut line fill, allowing view into wall, floor, etc. Can you explain why?

I really don't know, but eveery time I use the clipping box, that is what happens.

Yes the color scheme is kind of bland. But, I was just going for "plain Jane", and it's apartments for college kids anyways. Like they care what color it is as long as there is a place for the keg.

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Colyer-Lloyd wrote:

I really don't know, but eveery time I use the clipping box, that is what happens.
It looks like a problem with the window object.
Yes the color scheme is kind of bland. But, I was just going for "plain Jane", and it's apartments for college kids anyways. Like they care what color it is as long as there is a place for the keg.
Most college kids I have known are not just there for the parties. I think this is an unhealthy stereotype to promote. It is also a poor reason for bland design. I find that people treat places with a level of respect according to the amount of visible care and attention that went into the making of them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Most college kids I have known are not just there for the parties. I think this is an unhealthy stereotype to promote. It is also a poor reason for bland design. I find that people treat places with a level of respect according to the amount of visible care and attention that went into the making of them.
It was a joke! Guess it wasn't that funny.

I'll try harder next time not to stereotype.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been holding this back, but can I ask why the design dictated the support posts thru the dinner plate and work area plus a return air vent in the kitchen of all places? These are not items of taste, they are serious design issues. I am just interested, all clients are different, mix a little architectural critique into the discussion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been holding this back, but can I ask why the design dictated the support posts thru the dinner plate and work area plus a return air vent in the kitchen of all places? These are not items of taste, they are serious design issues. I am just interested, all clients are different, mix a little architectural critique into the discussion.

The building was built in 1905, and the support columns are heavy timber. Of course we can't move them for the structures sake, so we were toying with some different designs and this one made it past the sketch stage. We have some other designs, which I will post once it is finished. Since it is a 3 bedroom 2 bath layout, we wanted to make the living area as large as possible, thus placing the kitchen directly under the 2nd floor. We didn't want any columns in the living area.

We are confined to these column lines as they are on 8' X 25' centers. It is a long and narrow layout, but we have to get as many apartments as we can (without being too cramped) in the 100' X 285' building, which has 3 floors.

I am always up for new ideas. Please don't hold back your comments. I appreciate the feedback I have gotten.

Thanks,

Justin