Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Oculus Quest 2 use for Archicad

Voytek
Booster

Does anyone use Oculus Quest 2 for design and communicating it to client?

AC 5.0 to AC27 INT Full - Windows 10 Pro for Wokstations - Lenovo P70 - 2.8GHz Intel Xeon - ThinkPad Display 720 x 1280
7 REPLIES 7
martinij
Booster

In my office we use Archicad for moddeling. Then export eather IFC or FBX files that we import into Varjo Teleport software. There we bring in clients using two Oculus Rift S and two HTC Vive. In that way we can be one guide and three guests together. It's a fantastic way of making shore everyone understands your project.

There are simpler ways to get VR out of Archicad, but the feature that you can be in VR together is really important when communicating with clients.

Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no
Nuge
Advocate

Try Enscape,  perfect for client presentations and you can make live changes to the model in Archicad and have it show up in the headset.

AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
dwyckoff
Contributor

The short answer to your question from the comments above is no. I personally am waiting for Epic and Twinmotion to support the Quest someday soon.

DWyckoff
Master of Time and Space
Whenever the wife lets me

A/C23, OSX10.13.6

Thank you for sharing.

AC 5.0 to AC27 INT Full - Windows 10 Pro for Wokstations - Lenovo P70 - 2.8GHz Intel Xeon - ThinkPad Display 720 x 1280

Thanks - looks interesting.

Thanks for the reply. It  would be good to know what are Graphisoft's plans for the future in terms of VR/AR.

PrzemN
Participant

Well, in my opinion GS just abandoned it. Just look at BIMX that is great for showing project to client and VR it supports 😞