BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

PhotoRender view folder coordination with 3D Window views

R Muller
Enthusiast
I have two folders in my View Map, each containing the same 3D views: one folder for generating views in the 3D Window, so I can work on the model, and a second folder of the same identical views to be generated in the PhotoRendering Window. The purpose of the second folder is to create a third folder: a publisher shortcut folder with all the views in order to batch-render and save them overnight. Is this the bast way to do it, or is there a way to use the same View Map folder for both purposes?

I did "duplicate" my 3D Window view folder initially to create the second ViewMap folder, and then selected all the views in the folder copy and changed them all at once from 3D Window to Photo render. So that wasn't so hard. But every time I create a new view or revise an existing view I need to remember to save it twice, once in the 3D Window folder and once in the PhotoRendering folder. create the names twice, etc.

Assuming I really do need both these View Map folders, is there a way to coordinate them so that changes in one (except for the setting to generate in 3D or PhotoRendering window) will automatically appear in the other? Or is there a way to duplicate an individual saved View (not the whole folder) and then drag the duplicate view into the other folder?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!