BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Preserve photo quality and colors saved into pdf #2

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi!

I mistakenly placed original post as solved but it is not solved.

I have problem with Archicad saving layouts into pdf with darker colors and low quality photos/drawings. All looks good in archicad but once it process and save into pdf then it is way darker. And uglier. I tried saving in the highest quality as always 9000dpt. Nothing changes.

Someone mentioned it had to do with Archicad process setting that changed in 2022 (for some great priority reason other than preserving photo colors and quality).

To us , presentations are very important, first to present to client and second when we print. We are high-end studio and the last thing is to have our expensive software produce pdf like I did it quickly in some free online tool - when it comes to pdf. I appreciate everything looks nice in archicad but I need it to look nice also in front of clients as that’s what matters.

I tried to contact graphisoft with absolutely no feedback (usually they respond if any issue arises but not to this). Our sales rep mentioned to book a call with support to solve it but that there is hourly fee. (🤯) I don’t know if they are aware of this issue or if they are working on it, or if they decided not to work on it at all and ignore it. The last would obviously not be a satisfactory to us to continue using Archicad at all, especially considering the investment, it should do the basics… 

Which is why I am asking …. Since Archicad 27 is coming … I wonder if this had been fixed? I know some of you are testing. I am also asking because in a few weeks our annual license expires and we are unsure if we should keep hoping or look at another architectural solution.

thank you for your imput.

original link: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/Preserve-photo-quality-and-colors-saved-into-pdf/td-p/394...

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
21 REPLIES 21
Solution

cocoloco:

You are almost there. Use the Layout Book, but select Selected Layouts in Navigator in The Print Dialog under Archicad > Source.

Print Multi-page PDF 2.png

Thanks for adding your signature.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

EDIT: FIRST... @Dave6544 the solution worked. I can't believe I just have not figure this out after all my attempts. Thank you so much for help me discover this Fata Morgana.

Second: I also figured out why  the option to Select all layouts did not show - it was because I did not have active window (any page) of the layout even though I had preselected the Layouts. Oh well... at least it works. 😂 

Thank you so much again, this had been so far the best upgrade for my workflow since archicad 2018

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 9.53.00 AM.png

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
Learn and get certified!