cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Realistic spotlights

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I can't figure out how to render these lamps...
It gives light but when you look at the lamp it looks death.
Is there someone who knows the answer?

Thx!

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-05 om 16.08.55.png
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try using the cinerender lamps instead of the limited settings of the light fixture itself. If you want the surface of the spot to emit some light, use a light emitting surface for that to quickly get that look.

There are some great tutorial vids on the AC youtube channel to give some tips on this.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erwin,

Are there other lights than those I can find in de library? The surface of the spot can't be changed. But it looks like the glass material is missing... could that be the problem and is there a solution?

Greetz
Charlotte
Schermafbeelding 2014-11-06 om 10.25.55.png
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Well, to go on the dutch tour:

3D Lichtbronnen 18 > Lichtspot 18 combine that with the other fixture. The fixture will just function as the 3d model and the 'lichtbron' will be what shines light on your scene. Hit the "Algemene parameters licht" button to find all the fancy effects.

For the Spotje plafond 18 lamp click the 2nd lamp button (dark hatched) next to Hoofd helderheid slider on the Lichtparamaters... tab

Now you should be able to change the 'glas' surface. There should be a 'glas - lichtgevend' surface in the standard set of surfaces, if not create one.

You will have to enable light emitting surfaces in cinerender.

As you can probably tell, cinerender gets complex quite fast for very nice results.

If you have a keymember sub with Kubus, you could also try their helpdesk (I think, not sure how it works in Vlaanderen) for some tips. I did the dutch update training a few weeks back in Amsterdam and Ernst had some very nice tips for the new cinerender engine.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erwin!

Thx for the semi-dutch explanation !
This looks like a solution for my problem.
The cinerender makes it more complex for lightening but the result is better.

I think this attempt (see attachment) looks better already...

Greetz
Charlotte
13 Keuken.jpg