Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Redshift Rendering Limitations AC25 & AC26

mthd
Mentor

Hi, can any experienced users with the Redshift Rendering engine please give me some feedback on how it is performing for you and are your happy with the results ?

This article below highlights the limitations in AC25 & AC26 are all these limitations still applicable ?

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/_AC26_Help/140-3_Redshift/140-3_Redshift-2.htm#XREF_34278_Curr...

Thank you in advance.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

That article is from the Archicad 26 Help files, which can be updated whenever any change happens in Archicad, so the answer is yes, what you see written there are the current limitations.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Given the pages and pages of bugs and limitations, one has to wonder why Redshift is even delivered to users in its current state.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
AndreasN
Contributor

Hi there, with Redshift Rendering setting, we have so big problems.

Yesterday we became a new workingstation (macOS Studio Max M2, Top performance)

BUT, when we do the 3D rendering setting to REDSHIFT.... always comes the colored circle, ArchiCAD doesn't work, Crash.......  etc etc.....

In ArchiCAD 25 or ArchiCAD 26..... same problem............

We don't know why !!!! Its frustrating again and again............ !!!!

Workingstation macOS Ventura, AC 25/26
From Switzerland (de Suisse) / German speaking (Je parle allemand) / try to speak english as well

If you get a bug report, send it off, take note of the number and follow it up with your local Archicad support.

They should be able to help determine the cause.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello, I am trying to use the redshift renderer on the following configuration: Mac Mini M2 16GB RAM, but as soon as I switch to RedShift I get the message stating that the hardware configuration does not support redshift. Is there any further requirement that I am not aware of?

Thanks a lot

@mp88 wrote:

Is there any further requirement that I am not aware of?

You need a suitable video card.

From the Help file ...

BarryKelly_0-1696556006934.png

https://www.maxon.net/en/requirements/redshift-requirements

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Andreas81ch
Booster

Good morning,

My answer from my other account;

The workstation at work is new: Mac Studio Apple M2 Max (AC26, Apple v.) / 64GB RAM / Graphics.... Apple M2 Graphic card (no more information)........

Test at this workstation:

-3D picture with standard setting: Aussen schnell, sonnig (outdoor, sun fast) / Cineware von Maxon / Renderer: STANDARD

>>> preview picture for Renderer Standard was: 12sec (in 3D rendering picture and preview same color)

-3D picture with Redshift setting: Aussen schnell, sonnig (outdoor, sun fast) / Cineware Maxon / Renderer: REDSHIFT

>>> preview picture for Renderer Redshift was: 41 sec. !!!!!!!, preview in good color

>>> Rendering 3D picture with Redshift: Time 1min38sec, that was ok, BUT the color changed at the end brighter

(not the same as the preview picture).....>> Why ?

My questions:

-What are your 3D picture settings, for a fast, good looking, sharp picture?????

a) for inside and b) for outside / With standard settings and with Redshift settings......... I wanna really know this!. Because I don't find good examples for 3D settings in the internet.

ArchiCAD v6.5 - 27 / macOS / Windows
Switzerland (Schweiz)

Thank you for your reply, but that specification page is exactly what is not clear. Following those specs for Apple Silicon I should be able to use Redshift (minimum specs being 16GB of RAM and any apple silicon processor. Note that

on apple silicon the GPU is integrated).

Does anyone have experience on using Redshift on such a machine (MacMini M2 - 16GB RAM)?

IMG_5998.jpeg

Sorry, I know nothing about Macs.

I didn't even now Apple Silicon machines only had integrated GPUs.

I see you have a 'MacMini M2' but the list does not specify MacMini.

Maybe that is the issue?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27