Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering a human sketch with a contour.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know you can render the human sketch that archicad has embedded with different materials but it is possible to render them with a line marking the silhouette.
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Overlay a sketch render of the same view in photoshop, you'll get contour lines for everything though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you are rendering the human figures separately I freeze all other layers and then I render the scene. But I wonder what happens with the lights. Do I have to unfreeze its layer or it doesn't matter?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you would render the silhouet people seperately from the whole model, you'll end up seeing parts of them that should be hidden by other elements, I would say.

I think there are some shader options for 'cel shading' style surface settings for cinerender, but I recall a topic about this a while back where in the end it doesn't seem to be working in cinerender like it does in C4D.

Maybe a quick effect trick in photoshop will be the fastest fix for you.

Sometimes getting everything correct in the render (no post production) leads to renders that take forever, whereas the post work would take 2-3 mins.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5