Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering settings to match BIMX 3D look

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using AC 22 BIMX with global illumination on to produce walkthroughs and VR presentation. Even though not hyper-realistic, I'm liking the look of the rendered 3D in BIMX (including the 3D section cuts). I'm trying to figure out how to 'mimic' the settings in the Archicad render engines to export high quality renderings. Essentially, I want my presentation renderings to match the 'look' of the BIMX 3D.

I've tried screen capture in BIMX and just would like to produce the same results with higher, print-worthy resolution.

Any ideas?

(attached image is a low-res screenshot from BIMX desktop)
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
BIMx global illumination uses very simple algorithm called Ambient Occlusion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_occlusion

It's actually pseudo global illumination, because there is no light distribution (radiosity, photon mapping or Monte Carlo) involved.

CineRender do have Ambient Occlusion too. Maybe try to adjust detailed setting of CineRender - by switching off GI calculations, reflections etc.
stefan
Expert
Detailed Settings > Effects > Ambient Occlusion

But there are tons of settings which all interact.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book