BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Save Multiple Views for C4D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I would like to know if is it possible to save & export multiple camera views from AC14 to Maxon C4D v11, 12 or 13. Thank you people !!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I use dinnye's export plugin (it may also work with the maxon/graphisoft plugins). The main thing that you have to note is that AC's cameras move over to C4D but not AC's saved 3D views.
If you have a bunch of saved 3D views already you can load them in AC (use perspectives, not axo's)
and then with each go to the Navigator
> make sure the '3D' section is expanded
> right click on 'Camera Path'
> and choose 'Save Current'

... then you will have a list of saved cameras

When you export to C4D make sure to check the box 'Export floor plan cameras' (screenshot here )

When you open the C4D file your AC cameras will all be there. The only odd thing is that the camera numbers do not always match. It is also unfortunate that AC does not let you name cameras - which for me is a fundamental feature.

Good luck
Anonymous
Not applicable
amonle wrote:
It is also unfortunate that AC does not let you name cameras - which for me is a fundamental feature.
This bugs the heck out of me too, but I don't recall it ever being added to the wishlist. You want to do the honors? I'll vote "Essential"
Learn and get certified!