BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

TAUNT ME WITH LIGHTWORKS PROBLEMS. I DARE YOU.

Dwight
Newcomer
In messaging with our colleague New Zealand's Paul King, he wondered how to do a plasma screen. I took it on as a challenge and made yet another discovery about LightWorks - it can't use the screen image that the plasma screen object calls. Attached is the workaround for that.

ArchiCAD TALK members are invited to taunt me with problems. The book is making excellent progress, but I have a few pages that need ideas - along the lines of the challenge I have included here.

Please post your issues. I am moving on to explaining stained glass, next. But you'll have to get the book for that one.
Dwight Atkinson
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have downloaded. Thank you.
I have not dared to think about it.
LW is very difficult with stupid manuall from Graphisoft.
To know the problems with LW will take time.
Dwight
Newcomer
Let's make it clear that the kind of LightWorks problem I am prepared to solve will not involve fear counselling.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Niklewrinkle:

I can tell you that an active "discussion" occurs right now where the LightWorks team is attempting to discover the anti-aliasing implementation. A fix is coming, but in the meantime:

use " better" for the best edge definition and "best" for the best texture mapping smoothness.

I have also been told that to render at double size and reduce with Photoshop is the strategy right now...... sux.

PS: interesting room quality you have going on there. The vertical banding on the cupboard faces - try inceasing the number of lights and shado resolution in the windolite or whatever......
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
2wr1nkles: nice rendering ! can you tell me which lights, where and what intensity are in the scene ?
Here are two LightWorks problems for ya Dwighto. Art*Lantis R and Maxwell Render

Nobody will care about your LightWorks book when we get our upgrades to these programs.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Rakela Raul
Participant
uffff
how can u do that steve
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
somebody taunted, and dared me.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Dwight
Newcomer
life is meaningless.
i will kill myself, now.
Dwight Atkinson
Rakela Raul
Participant
no,no....after u send me the book pleeeease...
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Learn and get certified!