Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Textures...how to

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my first project in archicad, I would appreciate if someone would take a look at it and tell me what can I do to improve it. I used original rendering provided with archicad. Still the ceiling looks a bit to dark, and I don't quite understand working with created textures(not the existing ones, those are quite easy). For example, the stone part on the walls is not what I originally wanted, but it was the best I could do. Stone was supposed to be much smaller, in mosaic kind of style. Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Incursori wrote:
For example, the stone part on the walls is not what I originally wanted, but it was the best I could do. Stone was supposed to be much smaller, in mosaic kind of style.
Incursori:

In the Materials dialog box, Internal Engine > Textures, set the size of the texture as desired, then switch to Lightworks Rendering Engine > Textures and click on the "Match with Internal Engine" button. This is the easiest way to set the texture size.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot.
Dwight
Newcomer
In the"LightWorks in Archicad" book, it addresses using general light to actually illuminate the scene and use your lamps as low powered "props."

No light is white - make light yellow or golden.

Try to compose a scene in this room that captivates the eye and tell us something about the space.

Your surfaces are too slick - add roughness.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
In the"LightWorks in Archicad" book, it addresses using general light to actually illuminate the scene and use your lamps as low powered "props."

No light is white - make light yellow or golden.

Try to compose a scene in this room that captivates the eye and tell us something about the space.

Your surfaces are too slick - add roughness.
Dwight,

Do you have to change the settings of all your materials to get the effect you want first or does the rendering engine do it?

Rick
Dwight
Newcomer
In this case, any material with glare on it is too shiny and doesn't interact properly with light.

All materials need individual assignment of even 1,1,1,1 in the displacement Roughness shader
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally lost me on that. Where is that setting?

Rick
Dwight
Newcomer
This would be in the LightWorks Material Dialog.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
This?
Dwight
Newcomer
If you stumble around in there long enough you'll find the Displacement Class Shader "rough"

This is why i wrote the book, eh?
Dwight Atkinson

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!