Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trim walls under stair in plan view

Snusmumrikken
Participant

Hey! Im trying to create a wall that is underneath my stair, This was easy to do in 3D, as i just used solid Element Operations, but this is not reflected in plan view. In the posted image i want the part marked in red to be hidden, as it is in reality under the stair, and therefore should not be seen until it is in the dashed/overhead part. I feel like ive tried everything, and videos online seem to use solid element operations and just getting the wanted effect out of the box! Im also leaving an image of an old archicad video where this effect is working. Hope anyone knows!

Snusmumrikken_1-1715113883835.png

Snusmumrikken_0-1715113799400.png

Operating system used: Windows 10 19045

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

Solid Element Operations (SEOps) have never been reflected in any floor plan view.  This has been a long-term item on the Wish list.

Trim/crop (to roof) operations are reflected in the floor plan, which is what you might have seen in an old video.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Lingwisyer
Guru

Draw Order. Set the draw order of the stair above that of the wall, then ensure that you have a solid fill for your uncut section and a transparent fill for your hidden section.

Lingwisyer_0-1715131742203.png

Stair Selection Settings => Stair => Floor Plan Display => Grid & Structure

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If your Wall is under a straight Stair flight, then you could also place a polygonal Opening into the Wall to cut out the triangular shape of the sloping Stair flight from the top of the Wall. That would result in a better Floor Plan representation for the Wall, and then you could still use Drawing Order to bring the Stair in front of the Wall.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Setup info provided by author