Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Twinmotion: Objects Displaced when importing through Datasmith

EDCast85
Participant

I am tired of importing from Archicad into Twinmotion and having some of the elements in my model completely displaced.. it's a huge hassle because moving objects and surfaces around in Twinmotion is not an easy undertaking and it has no precision whatsoever. This problem only happens sometimes: More often than not. And has happened with various versions of Archicad and Twinmotion. Currently I am running ArchiCad26 and Twinmotion 2023.1.0 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Emre Senoglu
Expert

Twinmotion 2023.1 is still in preview version, so there are some bugs. I would say that the best option is to use 2022.2.3 but the new plugin for AC26 can't export to TM 2022.2.3. So at the moment it's really a mess. I was able to export SKP from AC26 and import that into TM 2022, but it didn't work when I tried the same method with another project.

You can export a Rhino file from AC26, open it in Rhino and then sync with TM. But of course this is a very cumbersome method.

I would recommend you to go to the Twinmotion forum and report a bug about this issue. It's affecting a lot of people (including me) and it's been months.

Here's the link for the forum . There's a contact us button on the right.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @EDCast85 ,

Was this issue resolved with the latest Twinmotion and connector?

Kind regards,

Illés

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager