Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Twinmotion Sectional Render

JackIPL
Contributor

Hi, 

Just wondering if anyone knows a solution,

I am creating sectional cut through renders on twinmotion (few examples attached) - As you can see however, the section cuts through and for some reason messes with the wall build up. notably the external walls being changed into a very thin wall. (hope this makes sense!)

- these are composite walls (all importing using DataSmith from Archicad 25. 

When creating a cut through 3D section in Archicad it "blanks" the tops of walls with a grey fill - this is the style I wish to go for if possible, however generated within twinmotion. 

Whole unit - Section Cut.png

Whole unit - Topdown.png

JB - AC25 - Windows 10 -
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MMontgomery
Enthusiast

You might have materials that are single sided in Twinmotion causing them to disappear when looking at them from one direction.  Try eye-dropping the material and setting it to two-sided in the material settings.

AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
MMontgomery
Enthusiast

You might have materials that are single sided in Twinmotion causing them to disappear when looking at them from one direction.  Try eye-dropping the material and setting it to two-sided in the material settings.

AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM

You could try using solid elements and Archicad and then export to twinmotion so that twin motion isn't the one doing the cut, that might get you the gray that you're after.