BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Vertical stacked CMU texture

David Bearss
Booster
We have a client that wants to do vertical stacked cmu rather than a running bond. Need to show in a rendering. Anybody have a texture of that they would be willing to share? My texture creation skills are lacking at best.
Thanks in advance.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you use Cinerender, you can probably import settings from library for running bond and change the settings to be stacked. Most of these use procedural shading, rather than textures.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I had a look, one of the brick surfaces (not the CMU) use the procedural brick shader for white bricks on all relevant channels.

If you go in to the Brick shader settings, look for a 'Shift' parameter, change it from 50 to 0 and you will get stacked bricks. Change this in all channels that use the brick shader.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you want to change the texture, you would have to edit every other row to shift it 50% as well in a photo editor.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Karl Griffith
Booster
Or you can try this . I had to reduce size to attach. This was generated with the Basilite Masonry Designer - a very useful tool: https://www.basalite.com/masonry-designer
Stack Bond3.jpg
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
David Bearss
Booster
Thats pretty cool and will have to check out later. I found an image to use and now am going to fiddle with getting the color correct. Am going to borrow a block from the mason and scan to get correct color.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Learn and get certified!