Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

about making QTVR's...

looper222
Participant
i am having some problems with making qtvr's and am slightly frustrated with graphisoft's lack of documentation, maybe you all can help:

with VR objects: i currently have specified 10 parallels, which i understand shoudl be 10 vertical steps for the rendering (within my given lowest and highest view, in this case, -5deg and 35 deg). for some reason in the finished mov file it only gives me 3 descrete vertical steps. does anyone know why this happens and what i can do?

with VR scenes: i can make VR panoramas okay. but with scenes... what is meandar? i can find documents that tell me what it can do, how to use it. but where and what is it? thirdy party software? what the?

thanks,
carl
5 REPLIES 5
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
The 10 parallels are how many you would get if you were using all 90° (0 to 90 rather than -5 to 35)- so since you are only using roughly 1/3rd of that, you only see 3 steps. Increase the number of parallels to 30 or 35 and try it out.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is actually the number of parallels in 180°. From straight up to straight down.

You always will have one at the upper and lower limits of your view. The overall number is used to determine how many intervening steps you will have.
looper222
Participant
thanks... but what about that meandar thing...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Food for thought, here is how I currently do it. Quicktime vr rendered with 3ivx or Divx5.1. Cinema4D. 46 frames. One level.

Folder at:

http://www.Burginger.com/ARCHICAD_TALK/VR_TEST

Divx = smaller
3ivx = Better Quality, especially shadows
Djordje
Ace
looper222 wrote:
thanks... but what about that meandar thing...
Take a look into the Meander folder in your ArchiCAD installation folder.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen