Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

fly through wobble

David Bearss
Booster
I am trying to make a very simple fly around animation that is easily sent via e-mail. I have placed a ring of cameras equally spaced apart around my building model with their target points equally space on a smaller ring. when viewing this animation however, the camera seems to wobble back and forth as it rotates around the building. when looking closely at the in between frames their paths are clearly on a different arc line than I would like them to be.
Hopefully I have explained this clearly. Anyway, any ideas on how to eliminate the wobbles?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can use the 'Smooth Path at Cameras' to help with that (and apply it at each camera), but the best bet is to make your path a Bezier curve with a smooth target path, and keep your cameras as equidistant as possible. It does get harder once you point your cameras away from horizontal.

Cheers,
Link.
David Bearss
Booster
Link,
I have the settings just as you mention. The wobble is in the horizontal plane. Attached is camera layout with all cameras identical. With this setup it seems that the spacing between the camera target in between frames is closer together near the center space between the keyframes and further apart near the keyframes.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You sure none of your cameras have a roll angle applied to them?

Have you tried putting all of your targets at exactly the same location?

It seems like a VR Object with just 3 parallels and a max highest view of 0 degrees would better suit your purposes.

Cheers,
Link.
David Bearss
Booster
Roll angles at 0.
All targets at same location have oddly enough the same result.

I do like the VR object and have used them in the past but videos seem to be able to compress into smaller files. More options for editing too.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Dwight
Newcomer
I suggest no intermediate cameras. Place every camera side-by-each with exactly the same target.

You can always have fewer VR viewpoints to reduce the file size.
Dwight Atkinson
David Bearss
Booster
Dwight wrote:
I suggest no intermediate cameras. Place every camera side-by-each with exactly the same target.

You can always have fewer VR viewpoints to reduce the file size.
Tried removing intermediate cameras with each camera 1-1/2 degrees apart - worked great! nice smooth rotation and i can still controll frame rate and file / image size.

Will try experimenting with VR more too. i have alway like the ability to drag and pan around the building.

Thanks all!
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!