Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

glass railing is blocking view of door casing?

heathldesign
Expert
I did this render with cinerender and for some reason the glass handrail is blocking some elements but not all.it seems to block doors and windows. it also appears to start the render process showing them, but as it does the final render it eliminates them? i stopped the process and snapped a screen shot to illustrate
both states.
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
9 REPLIES 9
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
heathldesign:

See this thread: Window disappearing through glass, it is probably the Ray Threshold and the Ray Depth settings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
heathldesign
Expert
that sorted it, thanks. but now on the interior rendering it's turned green for some reason. i'm going to play with the cinerender settings, but if you have any insight, i would appreciate it.
Heath
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
heathldesign:

If it is only the change in Ray Threshold and the Ray Depth settings that is causing the problem, then create two Scenes with the correct settings for each rendering (interior and exterior), a Scene can be stored as part of the 3D View's settings. If it is some other issue, then post some screen shots to help explain what you are seeing.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
heathldesign
Expert
Hello David,
I have played with the settings and it hasn't made a difference. my first attempts at the interior elevation worked fine and the only things i changes where the ray threshold and ray depth i've since put those back and played with them but they have not solved the green hue problem. the only other change i made was that the first renderings that worked fine were generate from a 3d window opened from the floor plan with the show all in 3d command. then i placed a camera and that's when the green hue started. now, even if i delete the camera and generate a new 3d window the problem persists.
heathldesign
Expert
and this is it rendered
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
heathldesign:

For the green tone I would look in two places: the color of the light source, and the color of the glass in the skylight. It looks like the only source of light is through the skylight. You could use one of the preset Cinerender Sources, like Indoor Daylight Medium (Physical) and see if that changes the result. If it does, then it is probably the light source, if not then look at the skylight's glass Surface Settings.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
heathldesign
Expert
hi david, the light source is set to sunlight, but i changed it and it made no difference. so it urned off the light source and that didn't fix it so i removed the skylight and left an empty opening, same result. the other light source are the windows and i have placed window light sources there, but i have turned them off too and still have the same result. so without any light sources it's still green.
heathldesign
Expert
must be some sort of bug. i moved the camera to a different point in the model and the issue went away. put it back to the original location and all is fine now. who knows.
Thanks though,
Heath
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
heathldesign wrote:
must be some sort of bug. i moved the camera to a different point in the model and the issue went away. put it back to the original location and all is fine now. who knows.
Makes as much sense as anything else. Thanks for posting back the resolution.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!