BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

opinion about the rendering in LW (AC10)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm quite new in this sort of thing like rendering, visualization , so i need advice what is wrong or what is ok.
I will be very grateful.

k_4.jpg
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
kitchen2
Anonymous
Not applicable
bedroom
Anonymous
Not applicable
bedroom2
p_p_1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
toilet
Dwight
Newcomer
Generally, you should consider the color of light - light is NOT white. Light combines blue and yellow.

Surfaces need roughness and texture to interact realistically with light.

You appear to be trying to light the spaces with lamps, or light fixtures. This is wrong.

You want to use light fixtures as props - at minimum power to show that they give off light. You want to illuminate the space like a photographer would.....with big duffuse llights.

There's a book on using this approach.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx, Dwight.
I will try your suggestion
It is common sense that light is not clear white. My mistake.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do you show your pictures from the viewpoint of a fly?
When you take a picture of your real room, do you always step on a chair and raise your camera?

Try human view! (Average person height 175cm)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Something else - camera view angle is very wide and makes rooms seem like corridors.
Dwight
Newcomer
Good Point.

Small rooms present a challenge similar to that seen in the cinematography of "Riding In Cars With Boys." The cul-de-sac house becomes central to the movie. How DID they do the shots in that tiny house?

They cheated.

They actually built a house with sliding room extensions - like a hifalutin travel trailer - so the camera could sit back to achieve a proper view angle.

There's quite an exposition of this process on the DVD. Entire rooms slide out, but maintain the light quality of the room - nothing opens to the sky.

To fix small rooms - just for the rendering - you marquee the building, stretching the floor slab and roof slab along with the walls until there's a place for the camera to shoot at an aspect of 60 degrees.

Composition is everything.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!